How much money does Sasha Pieterse make? Everything to know about the famous American actress.
Sasha Pieterse-Sheaffer known professionally as Sasha Pieterse (born February 17, 1996) is a South African-born but American singer, actress, model, author, and songwriter. She is best known for her role as Alison DiLaurentis in the Freeform series Pretty Little Liars and Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists.
Born in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa, she had already made countless television and film appearances by the age of 16; in fact, by age 6 Sasha made her first television appearance as a co-star on the WB Comedy series, Family Affair.
She also played the character Marissa in the 2005 film The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl and was Amy Loubalu in the 2011 TV movie Geek Charming.
She made her TV acting debut as the character Buffy in the series Family Affair in 2002. She has had recurring roles in the series Heroes and Heroes: Slow Burn. She had a small role in Good Luck Chuck with Jessica Alba in 2007.
She was raised as an only child by parents who worked in the entertainment industry as acrobatic performers. She married her longtime love, Hudson Sheaffer, in May 2018 after a three-year-long engagement. She and Sheaffer welcomed their first child, a son named Hendrix Wade, on November 6, 2020. She was previously in a relationship with actor Cayden Boyd.
Sasha Pieterse’s Profile Summary
|Celebrated Name:||Sasha Pieterse|
|Net Worth:||$2 Million|
|Full Real Name:||Sasha Pieterse-Sheaffer|
|Date of Birth:||February 17, 1996|
|Age:||26 years old|
|Birthplace:||Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa|
|Height:||5 ft 5 in (1.67 m) tall|
|Citizenship:||South Africa (1996–present)|
United States (2001–present)
|Profession:||Actor, Model, Author, Singer-songwriter|
|Parents:||Zizi Pieterse, Sean Pieterse|
|Spouse(s):||Hudson Sheaffer (m. 2018)|
|Children:||Hendrix Wade Sheaffer (son)|
|Labels:||Dan Franklin Music|
|Disease:||Polycystic ovary syndrome|
|Instagram:||@sashapieterse with 14.4 million followers|
1. Who is Sasha Pieterse?
Sasha Pieterse-Sheaffer known professionally as Sasha Pieterse (born February 17, 1996) is a South African-born but American singer and actress. She is best known for her role as Alison DiLaurentis on Pretty Little Liars and Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists.
2. Why is Sasha Pieterse famous?
Pieterse is known for her role as Alison DiLaurentis in the Freeform series Pretty Little Liars. Upon the success of Pretty Little Liars, Pieterse earned a supporting role as Amy Loubalu in the 2011 Disney Channel film Geek Charming. In 2013, she starred in the teen comedy film G.B.F.. In 2017, Pieterse participated in the 25th season of Dancing with the Stars and finished in 10th place.
3. When and where was Sasha Pieterse born?
Sasha Pieterse was born on February 17, 1996, in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. He holds a South African and United States nationality. She lived and was born in South Africa in 1996–present and moved to the United States in 2001–present.
4. How old is Sasha Pieterse?
Pretty Little Liars star, Sasha Pieterse is 26 years old (as of the time of this article). She was born on February 17, 1996. She celebrates her birthday every February 17 of each year.
5. How tall is Sasha Pieterse?
Pieterse is 5 feet 5 inches and 1.67 meters tall. She weighs about 75kg. Other physical body measurements of the actress are not known yet including her waist size, and bra size just to mention a few.
6. What is Sasha Pieterse’s zodiac sign?
Pieterse’s zodiac or birth sign according to Astrology is Aquarius.
7. Where does Sasha Pieterse live?
Pieterse was born in Johannesburg, South Africa on February 17, 1996. Moving to the United States in 2001, she was raised in Las Vegas, before moving to Los Angeles.
8. Who are Sasha Pieterse’s parents?
Pieterse’s parents are Zizi Pieterse (mother), and Sean Pieterse (father). Her parents were popular celebrity athletes.
9. Does Sasha Pieterse have siblings?
Sasha has no brother or sister. She was raised as an only child by parents who worked in the entertainment industry as acrobatic performers.
10. What is Sahsa Pieterse’s husband’s name?
Sasha’s husband’s name is Hudson Sheaffer. On December 22, 2015, Pieterse became engaged to her long-term boyfriend Hudson Sheaffer. They were married on May 27, 2018, in a destination wedding at Castle Leslie Estate in County Monaghan, Glaslough Ireland after a three-year-long engagement. Sasha’s best friend Jailynn Rubio officiated the wedding, and allegedly the couple’s first dance was choreographed by Sasha’s Dancing With The Stars partner, Gleb Savchenko.
11. Does Sasha Pieterse have children?
On May 27, 2020, Pieterse announced that she and Sheaffer were expecting their first child. Sasha Pieterse and her husband, Sheaffer, welcomed their first child, a son named Hendrix Wade Sheaffer, on November 6, 2020.
12. Who has Sasha Pieterse dated?
Before marrying and having a child with her husband Sheaffer, Pieterse was previously in a relationship with actor Cayden Boyd.
13. She became famous at an early age and was homeschooled
She became accustomed to a career in entertainment at an early age, as her parents were a professional acrobatic dance team who performed internationally. Pieterse was homeschooled and graduated at 14.
14. Pieterse started acting at the age of 6
At a young age, her parents noticed how curious she was about stage shows and took decided to enroll her in acting classes. Sasha has managed to build and maintain a working resume with countless appearances on TV shows and movies. Starting with just the additional commercial role Sasha grew into an incredible star.
At the age of six years old, Sasha Pieterse made her first appearance on Television. Co-starring in a WB Comedy TV Series, Family Affair (2002) as Buffy, she captured the hearts of the nation. As she grew older she developed life in the land of showbiz.
In 2003, a year into her career Sasha won a Young Artist Award for Best Performance in TV series. As she grew and matured into the star she was born to be, Sasha continued booking roles.
15. She started modeling at the age of 4
The curly-haired child got her break. At a young age, her parents noticed how curious she was about stage shows and took decided to enroll her in acting classes. In 2003, a year into her career Sasha won a Young Artist Award for Best Performance in TV series. As she grew and matured into the star she was born to be, Sasha continued booking roles.
At four years old, Pieterse began modeling and appearing in commercials. She appeared in an advertisement for Wenner Bread Products at five years old, and later appeared on a national billboard for hair salon franchise SuperCuts and modeled for Macy’s Passport fashion show. Pieterse appeared in numerous magazines, including on the covers of BELLO‘s “Young Hollywood” issue (December 2014), TeenProm (2015 issue), Seventeen (August 2016), Social Life (August 2019).
Not only does she act, but she can also sing and play guitar. She is a model and an author. In her spare time, she loves to hang out with her friends and go to parties. She enjoys making jewelry, as well as singing/performing country music.
17. Her Pets include a dog, cat, and a fish
She has a Pekinese dog named Precious, a Persian cat named Pasha, and a fish named Crystal. She also enjoys music.
18. Film and television
At six years old, Pieterse got her start in television, co-starring in 2002 as Buffy on The WB’s remake of the CBS sitcom Family Affair. She guest-starred in the Stargate SG-1 episode “Grace” with Amanda Tapping as a little girl named Grace. In 2005, she appeared on an episode of House titled “Autopsy”, portraying Andie, a young girl with terminal cancer. That same year, she made her film debut in The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl in 3-D as Marissa, the Ice Princess, and also appeared as Millie Rose for two episodes of the short-lived TNT series Wanted, alongside her former Family Affair co-star, Gary Cole.
Pieterse appeared in the 2007 film Good Luck Chuck, playing a young goth girl who places a curse on the titular character. She played the younger version of Sarah Michelle Gellar’s character in the 2007 film The Air I Breathe, along with such co-stars as Kevin Bacon, Forest Whitaker, and Emile Hirsch. She also played a leading character in the Hallmark original film Claire, also released in 2007.
Pieterse was 13 years old in late 2009, when she was cast in the Freeform teen drama television series Pretty Little Liars (2010–2017) as Alison DiLaurentis, the former “queen bee” of her high school clique. She had a regular role in the series from the first four seasons until later became a main role in the fifth season, with one of the five girls. Since its debut, the series has received mixed reviews from television critics, but remained a success for Freeform, garnering a large fandom.
Pieterse reprised her role as Alison, in the spin-off series titled Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists on Freeform in 2019. In Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists, she portrayed the grown-up version of Alison who is working as a teaching assistant at Beacon Heights University.
Other roles Pieterse has had include a 2009 appearance in Without a Trace, and a recurring role as Amanda Strazzulla, an abandoned daughter, in Heroes. In 2011, she appeared as Amy Loubalu in the Disney Channel Original Movie Geek Charming, and also as a teenage girl in the film X-Men: First Class. More recently, Pieterse has appeared in the film G.B.F. and in an episode of Hawaii Five-0 as a terrorist pupil named Dawn Hatfield.
Pieterse played Japonica Fenway, a young lady involved with cocaine, in the film Inherent Vice (2014), based on the novel of the same name by Thomas Pynchon. In September 2017, Pieterse was announced as one of the celebrities to compete in Dancing with the Stars – season 25. She was paired with professional dancer Gleb Savchenko. They were the 4th couple eliminated, on October 16, 2017, finishing in 10th place.
On August 16, 2021, Deadline announced that Pieterse has been cast in Netflix‘s film adaptation of Annie Barrows’ New York Times bestselling book series Ivy + Bean alongside Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Jane Lynch, and Nia Vardalos.
19. Sasha Pieterse as a Musician – She released her first single in 2013
Pieterse describes her music as “country with southern rock”. Her debut single “This Country is Bad Ass” was released on April 12, 2013. Pieterse described the patriotism behind the song: “I just love this country so much and I would never have been able to be where I am if I wasn’t in America, so we decided to come up with this [track].” Her second single, “R.P.M”, was released on June 13, 2013.
Her third single, “I Can’t Fix You“, was released on July 12, 2013. On December 10, 2013, she released her fourth single “No”, an upbeat track about “standing strong in your convictions” and saying no when an unfaithful, lying ex-boyfriend asks for a second chance.
20. Sasha is also an author, and a has blog she operates aside from acting
Sasha started a blog focused on cooking, DIY crafts, baking, and entertaining. She titled the blog, Sasha In Good Taste. Her cookbook Sasha in Good Taste: Recipes for Bites, Feasts, Sips & Celebrations was published by Dey Street Books, an imprint of HarperCollins on October 8, 2019. In the book, Pieterse shares cooking and baking recipes, tips for inexpensive party planning, do-it-yourself projects, and ideas for desserts. San Francisco Book Review wrote that the book is “full of good ideas”.
She was later signed to Harper Collins publishing company with a book deal for Sasha In Good Taste. Her novel release date is October 10, 2019.
She also has a lifestyle website called “Sasha in Good Taste”.
Sasha supports many charities including Camp Ronald Mcdonald for Good Times, making regular appearances with friends and costars to carnivals and signings. In June 2019, Pieterse and her husband worked together with Habitat for Humanity to help build houses in New Orleans.
22. What diseases does Sasha Pieterse have?
In 2015, fans of Sasha started to notice a significant weight gain on her part and soon became worried about her health. After a slew of hate comments and rumors regarding her weight, Sasha released a statement stating that she had a hormone imbalance that had caused the weight gain.
However, in 2017, she became more outspoken about her health and condition, revealing that she had been diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, also known as PCOS. She stated that this has contributed to her gaining 70 pounds in two years. She also stated that her main reason for joining the hit-show Dancing With the Stars was to help her to get back in shape and become healthy again. Since joining the show, she has said that she has lost over 70 pounds. Since announcing her health condition, she has become an advocate and role model for other women with the condition.
23. What is the net worth of Sasha Pieterse?
Sasha Pieterse is an American actress and singer who has a net worth of $2 million. Her sources of income are from acting, singing, and other endeavors.
24. How does Sasha Pieterse make her money?
Pieterse has developed an online and social media presence, including 14.3 million followers on Instagram as of December 2021. She endorses products such as beauty and wellness products on Instagram and has partnered with Lightlife Foods, and Pokemon Go.
25. Sasha Pieterse’s Social Media Platforms
Instagram: @sashapieterse with 14.4 million followers
- She was in the music video for “Rewind” by Skye Stevens.
- Sasha Pieterse originally auditioned for Hanna Marin in Pretty Little Liars.
- She was twelve when the cast shot the pilot episode for PLL, and thirteen when they shot the first season, making her the youngest cast member.
- Due to her being under eighteen during the first few seasons, she wasn’t able to play as large of a part in the series as everyone wanted, as her screen time was limited.
- Sasha has a nose piercing.
- Her favorite color is red.
- Her parents were professional acrobat dancers but didn’t have any input when she was on Dancing With the Stars.
- She has a dog named Precious, a Persian cat named Pasha, and a fish named Crystal.
- If she isn’t acting, she would pursue Marine Biology.
- She and her co-stars Ryan Merriman (Ian Thomas) and Janel Parrish (Mona) have both starred in episodes of Hawaii Five-0.
- Her favorite food is smoothies.
- She likes Lucas better than Noel.
- Sasha likes Aria’s style the best.
- She prefers Los Angeles to South Africa, where she was born.
- On December 22, 2015, she became engaged to her long-time boyfriend Hudson Sheaffer.
- Ironically, Sasha played a girl named Aria in the 2015 film titled Burning Bodhi, even though she plays Alison in Pretty Little Liars.
- She had an A cake for her 21st birthday.
- She has a blog called Sasha in Good Taste.
- One of her main goals is to write and release a cookbook, which as of 2/18/2018, she has started writing.
- She is a contestant on Season 25 of the American reality competition show Dancing With The Stars, but was eliminated in the fifth week and finished tenth place overall.
- She reprised her role as Alison DiLaurentis in the Pretty Little Liars spinoff, “Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists”.
- She has talked publicly about having PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) and has become an advocate for other women with the syndrome.
- She is still great friends with her Shark Boy and Lava Girl co-stars, Taylor Lautner (the pair are family friends as well) and Taylor Dooley, who lives pretty close to her. Sasha and Taylor Dooley see each other often and are good friends.
- She would love to play in the popular movie franchise, Kill Bill.
- The most draining scene in PLL for her to film was her emotional scenes in “A is for Answers”, as she had to cry for almost ten hours straight.
- If Spencer wasn’t the one to have the evil twin, Sasha would have liked it if Hanna was the one with the twin.
- Her parents are one of her biggest inspirations, along with her fans.
- She loved doing scenes with Troian, due to the relationship that the pair has off-screen.
- She originally wasn’t a fan of Alison becoming a teacher, but when she realized the backstory she supported it.
- One of the things she loved about Emison was that it happened over a long period of time and that they each came to terms with the fact that they can love whoever they want.
- Her favorite PLL ship is Emison.
- Her favorite Emison moment is when Alison pulled Emily out of the barn in “Over My Dead Body”.
- She was homeschooled since the beginning of school and graduated at the age of fourteen.
- She loved all of the “A” reveals for different reasons, and understands why Charlotte and Alex were controversial. She especially loved the Alex Drake reveal because of how hard Troian worked and how different and interesting the storyline was.
- She loved the babies that played Alison and Emily’s daughters in “‘Til Death Do Us Part”.
- She enjoys binge-watching and has a very long list of shows she wants to binge on.
- She disapproves and was most surprised by Alison doing The Jenna Thing, and realizes how awful it really is.
- She has a fear of praying mantis since in her home in South Africa they are six inches big.
- She does not have a middle name.
- Her current manager is Blake Lively’s mother, Elaine Lively.
- Sasha was one of House M.D’s then lead actress Lisa Edelstein’s favorite guest stars on the show, as she was very impressed that at nine years old, Sasha could play a character with such depth.
- She has her own jewelry line titled, “Rigid Creations” when she was fourteen years old.
- She is best friends with her PLL/PLL: TP co-star, Janel Parrish.
- She married her long-time boyfriend, Hudson Sheaffer, in a small ceremony in Ireland.
- Her honeymoon was at an elephant rehabilitation center.
- She found out about the potential PLL spinoff, Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists during Season 6 of Pretty Little Liars.
- Her favorite childhood toy growing up was her baby dolls.