Ciara Riley Wilson’s parents discovered her hobbies and moved to L.A. with their kids almost a decade ago.
You’ve probably heard of Freeridge. It is a new Netflix series that stars Ciara Riley Wilson. Before signing onto to star in the new series Freeridge, Ciara Riley Wilson was already a huge fan of On My Block, the spinoff to the Netflix series, which premiered on Thursday, February 2, so getting the role was even sweeter for her.
“I watched it right when it came out, and I remember it being a huge hit. The show made such waves with teen representation, and it was so funny and dramatic at the same time. I actually auditioned a couple of times over my career for On My Block, like little sidekick characters,” the 21-year-old exclusively tells GRAZIA USA. “I auditioned quite a long time ago for Freeridge — in May of 2021 when they only had a rough idea of what the characters were going to be. I had no idea it would be an actual project. When I found about it was going to become a series, it was so exciting to film,” she says.
From there, the brunette beauty nabbed the role of Demi in Freeridge, which follows a group of friends who may have unleashed a deadly curse, resulting in them beginning a new adventure. The other up-and-coming Latinx actors include Keyla Monterroso Mejia (Gloria), Bryana Salaz (Ines), and Tenzing Norgay Trainor (Cam), who were all introduced at the final episode of the final season of On My Block, where they peaked over the neighbor’s fence while watching the party scene.
The Netflix coming-of-age dramedy series Freeridge follows a quartet of L.A.-based teens as they navigate the horrors of high school after being put under a curse. You read that right. The series is a spinoff of Netflix’s On My Block, which is also set in the fictional neighborhood of Freeridge.
We’re going to focus our attention on Ciara Riley Wilson, whose character is a member of the core four. So, who is the budding actor? Who are her parents? Here’s what we know about the Netflix star.
Here’s what we know about Ciara Riley Wilson’s parents, siblings, and ethnicity
1. Ciara Riley Wilson is an actor, dancer, and fashion designer who was born and raised in Portland, Oregon on March 26, 2001. This puts her age at 21 years old now.
2. American actor Ciara’s parents are Jay Wilson, and Nanette Wilson.
3. Ciara Riley Wilson’s parents moved to L.A. with their kids almost a decade ago.
According to her IMDb bio, Ciara Riley Wilson is from Portland, Ore. With a background in competitive dance, Ciara moved to L.A. at the age of 11 to pursue her acting dreams. Parents will do just about anything for their kids, even if it means packing up and moving their entire lives. That’s exactly what Ciara’s parents, Jay and Nanette Wilson, did.
4. Though not much is known about Ciara’s parents, the Portland Tribune reported that the family still maintains a house in Portland.
5. Ciara has two other siblings and her brother attended UCLA.
“It definitely was a career move,” Ciara told the publication in 2019. “Growing up I always wanted to be a performer, and I’ve been watching Disney Channel. It’s always been in my blood. I’ve done radio voiceovers and commercials, theater, and acting camps, and I’ve decided this is something I wanted to do for the rest of my life. My parents helped me take steps working toward it.”
6. In an interview with Everly Mag, Ciara revealed that she is “Filipino, plus English, German, and Russian.” Given that she has an emoji of the flag of the Philippines in her Instagram bio, Ciara seemingly feels close to that portion of her ethnic background.
7. In addition to acting, Ciara is a dancer and fashion designer. She’s booked work in projects like L.A.’s Finest, Speechless, Bizaardvark, and 2019’s live-action Kim Possible movie.
8. In terms of fashion, Ciara is “influenced by the ’70s and sustainability” and taught herself to sew and embroider “hand-crafted pieces.” Sewing became one of her hobbies during the height of the pandemic.
Ciara Riley Wilson previously auditioned for Netflix’s ‘On My Block.’
Way before Ciara landed the role of Demi — whom she described as being “a very spiritual person” who is “obsessed with all things, like crystals and tarot cards and astrology” — she auditioned for On My Block.
“I watched it right when it came out, and I remember it being a huge hit. The show made such waves with teen representation, and it was so funny and dramatic at the same time,” Ciara told Grazia USA of On My Block. “I actually auditioned a couple of times over my career for On My Block, like little sidekick characters.”
She auditioned for Freeridge back in May 2021 “when they only had a rough idea of what the characters were going to be.”
“I had no idea it would be an actual project. When I found about it was going to become a series, it was so exciting to film,” she continued.
You can catch the talented Ciara Riley Wilson in Netflix’s Freeridge, which is currently streaming on Netflix.