Fast facts about the Kardashian family that everyone obsessed with the clan should know: parents, children, kids, businesses, net worth and more interesting facts.
The Kardashian-Jenner clan doesn’t exactly have a reputation for hiding their private lives, but there are some things that even their biggest fans don’t know about them. Seriously—you’d be hard-pressed to find someone that knows who Kim Kardashian went on her first date with, which sisters keep boxes filled with memorabilia from past relationships, what Kourtney Kardashian drinks every morning, and how many times a year Rob Kardashian gets a new phone.
The members of the Kardashian family have lived nearly every moment of the past decade in public. In addition to the 16 seasons—and counting—of their E! reality show Keeping Up with the Kardashians, they’ve let fans in on social media, leading people to feel like they know Kim, Khloe, Kourtney, Kylie, Kendall, Rob, and Kris. But everyone has their secrets and there are still some Kardashian facts that even serious fans might not know. From the family member who founded a church to the Kardashian sister who claims to be able to smell cavities, there are craziest facts you never knew about one of the world’s most famous families.
Since their rise to fame on the hit reality series, Keeping Up with the Kardashians, their lives have been an open book. We’ve witnessed all of their ups and downs, from Kourtney’s catfights to pregnancies, Kim’s failed relationships and proposals to Khloe’s dark times of heartache, mental health suffering, and attacks.
Surprisingly, though, there is still plenty of fun and hidden Kardashian facts that aren’t covered on the reality show. So, if you want to find out all there is to know about the Insta Queens, continue reading below to find out from these compiled lists by TheVibely
1. Who are the Kardashian family members?
Founded by Robert Kardashian and Kris Jenner, it consists of their children Kourtney, Kim, Khloé, and Rob Kardashian, as well as their grandchildren. After Kris and Robert’s divorce in 1991, Kris married Caitlyn Jenner (then Bruce), with whom she had two daughters: Kendall and Kylie Jenner.
2. What are the names of all the members of the Kardashian family?
Parents: Robert Kardashian; Kris Jenner, Caitlyn Jenner. Children: Kourtney Kardashian, Kim Kardashian West, Khloé Kardashian, Rob Kardashian, Kendall Jenner, Kylie Jenner, Scott Disick.
3. What year were the Kardashians born? (Age, Birthday)
Robert Kardashian was born on February 22, 1944 (age 77 years in 2021), Kris was born on November 5, 1955 (age 66 years in 2021), Caitlyn Jenner was born on October 28, 1949 (72 years in 2021).
In birth order, they go; Kourtney was born on April 18, 1979 (age 42 years in 2021), Kim was born on October 21, 1980 (41 years old in 2021), Khloe was born on June 27, 1984 (37 years in 2021), Brody Jenner was born on August 21, 1983 (age 38 years in 2021), Rob born on March 17, 1987 (age 34 years in 2021), Kendall Jenner born on November 3, 1995 (age 26 years in 2021) and Kylie Jenner born on August 10, 1997 (24 years in 2021).
4. When were the Kardashian parents married for?
Caitlyn Jenner (m. 1991– div. 2015), Robert Kardashian (m. 1978– div. 1991), Kris Kardashian (m. 1978– div. 1991).
5. Who are the Kardashian sisters?
Probably the most famous Kardashian, Kim Kardashian is the second eldest of the Kardashian siblings, half-siblings, and step-siblings. In order, The Kardashian-Jenner sisters Kourtney, Kim, Khloe, Kendall, and Kylie.
6. The Family Carries a Curse
There are many – precisely, haters – who believe that any man who comes close to the Kardashian sisters will suffer a wave of bad luck. From Scott Disick’s alcohol struggles to Kanye West’s breakdown, it’s assumed that these men are hexed by a “Kardashian Curse“. Read our post so you can decide whether it’s real!
7. Kris founded her own church.
In between being the “momager” of her large family and running her own production company, Jenner Communications, Kris Jenner found time to add “opening a church” to her lengthy résumé. During a 2011 interview with Piers Morgan, her second daughter, Kim Kardashian, confirmed that she and her sisters helped to fund Kris’ California Community Church.
8. Kris owns black toilet paper.
During a home interview with The New York Times in 2015, it was revealed that one of Kris’ bathrooms was covered in black marble that matched her black toilet paper. Kim, however, isn’t a fan of the product, which became a novelty item in the U.S. around 2006. “The toilet paper’s black,” she complained of her mom’s bathroom in a 2013 episode of Keeping Up with the Kardashians.”I like to see what … I’m wiping.”
9. Anyone who enters Kris’ house must sign a non-disclosure agreement.
Don’t expect to be spilling secrets if you ever get the privilege of being invited to Kris’ luxurious home. Her New York Times interview also revealed that the famous mother has a pile of non-disclosure agreements on a table in her foyer—a must-sign for anyone who enters the home. Above the papers sits a tiny sign that states: “What we say here, what we see here, let it stay here when we leave here.”
10. Kris is very serious about her table settings.
When Kris released her own cookbook, In the Kitchen with Kris: A Kollection of Kardashian-Jenner Family Favorites, she revealed some tidbits about her culinary prowess—including the fact that she pulls out her red Hermès china when cooking Italian because it goes “with the red sauce.” Most interesting, however, is her dedication to table settings. “Some people paint, others make music and dance, I make table settings,” she says.
11. Kris and Kourtney used to own a store called Smooch.
The Kardashian family has had their fair share of business ventures, especially in the fashion world—the most notable being their chain clothing boutique, Dash, of course.
However, before the Dash days, Kris and Kourtney actually paired up to run a children’s boutique called Smooch. The store was open for six years before it decided to close its doors in 2009. Kourtney then went into business with her two sisters, opening a women’s clothing store, Dash.
12. Kris Refuses to be Called “Grandma”
Kris may have a total of 10 grandchildren now—but don’t expect to catch any of them calling her “grandma.” You’ve probably heard the Kardashian kids (Mason, Penelope, Reign, North, and Saint) call Kris Jenner “lovey” on the show, but did you know that it’s because she refuses to be called “grandma”? To avoid clichés, Kris created a cool nickname for her grandkids to call her by. In 2013, she told People that she ditched the traditional moniker because she didn’t like the way it sounded. Instead, her grandchildren call her “Lovey,” a nickname inspired by one of her mother’s friends.
13. Kris is Allergic to Bees
Although Kim has an obsession with bees, her momager is far from it! Kris is allergic to bee stings and carries around an EpiPen to make sure she’s safe at all times.
14. Kris Jenner pitched the idea for a reality show following her family after numerous friends told her they were “crazy” and “entertaining”.
15. Kris had her entire driveway – made from cobblestones imported from France – repaved after Kanye told her he didn’t like the color of grout that she’d picked out.
16. Kris and Khloé have the same tattoo – a cross – on the same spot on their lower backs.
17. Kris also got drunk and had Kendall and Kylie’s names tattooed on her during an episode of KUWTK, but said she “didn’t have space” for the names of her four other kids.
18. In fact, Kris primarily pitched the idea for KUWTK as a way to promote their businesses.
19. Kris once revealed that having a neck-lift was a “transcendental, life-changing experience”.
20. Kris’s marriage to Robert Kardashian broke down after she had an affair with soccer player Todd Waterman. He ended up appearing on two episodes of KUWTK after the pair bumped into each other almost 20 years after their breakup – and Kris decided she needed closure.
21. She met Caitlyn in 1990 before her divorce from Robert was final. They married a month after the divorce papers were signed, and five months after meeting.
22. In her 2011 memoir, Kris Jenner wrote that Caitlyn Jenner was the “love of her life”. Since Caitlyn’s transition, this opinion has changed. She says she wishes she could speak to Robert Kardashian “every day”.
23. Kris Jenner is the owner of a personalized bathrobe with the word “momager” emblazoned across the back.
24. Kris believes that her fridge is a “talking point” in her home, has a “personality of its own”.
25. Kris’ Birth Name Is Kristen Houghton. But she now goes by just Kris.
26. Kim claims she can smell cavities.
When late Chanel designer Karl Lagerfeld asked about her hidden talent in a 2016 interview for Harper’s Bazaar, Kim claimed that she can “smell” cavities on other people.
“I can smell when someone has a cavity,” she said. “It’s a very specific smell—not a bad-breath smell—but something that is really strong.” And while it hasn’t been proven, we’ll just take her word on this one.
27. Kim once promoted Charmin.
Speaking of toilet paper, before she became one of the most famous people in the world, Kim served as a spokesperson for Charmin, attending ribbon-cutting ceremonies when the company opened up public restrooms in New York City in 2010.
“I’m happy to join Charmin as they give the gift of the restrooms near Times Square,” Kim said in a statement at the time.
28. Kim released a song called “Jam” in 2011.
Kim’s done a lot over the years, and that includes releasing a pop song in 2011 called “Jam (Turn It Up).” All the proceeds allegedly went to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, but that still wasn’t enough to earn accolades from critics, who called her “the worst singer in the reality TV universe.”
Thankfully, however, Kim’s since left the music business to her now-husband, Kanye West.
29. Kim was denied a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Being one of the biggest names in Hollywood is apparently not enough to get Kim a spot on the famous Hollywood Walk of Fame. When Kanye publicly advocated for his now-wife to be a part of the tourist attraction in 2013, he was quickly shut down.
“We don’t have a category for reality stars on the Walk of Fame,” spokeswoman Ana Martinez told the New York Daily News. “The committee would be happy to consider reality stars if and when they get nominated or win an Emmy, Oscar, Grammy or other major award given for a performance.”
30. Kim bought some of Elizabeth Taylor’s jewelry for nearly $65,000.
Elizabeth Taylor was undoubtedly a style icon, so it’s no surprise that Kim would want something to remember the actress after her death in 2011. And, as you might expect, those kinds of mementos come with quite a hefty price tag. During a 2011 auction, Kim bought three jade bracelets previously owned by the late actress for a whopping $64,900!
31. Kim only wears a bikini when it’s overcast to hide her cellulite.
Don’t expect to catch Kim outside in a bikini while the sun’s out! In a 2015 interview with Elle U.K., the reality star admitted to only wearing a bikini when it’s overcast for a very specific reason.
“It’s a trick of the light,” she said. “There are paparazzi everywhere, that’s a fact, so if I go out in bright sunlight all my cellulite will be lit up and visible. If it’s overcast, you can’t see it. I know it’s there, but you won’t.”
32. Kim sent out fake baby photos to test her friends.
It’s important to know who your real friends are—and Kim will go as far as she has to find hers. When she and West had their first child together, North West, in 2013, TMZ reported that Kim sent out fake baby photos to about a half-dozen friends to see if they would try to sell them—and unsurprisingly, some did!
33. Kim was on ecstasy during her first wedding.
Nowadays, Kim is never far from her husband’s side, and everyone remembers her infamous 72-day marriage to NBA player Kris Humphries, but did you know that Kim was actually married once before?
Yes, before West or Humphries, Kim married music producer Damon Thomas when she was just 19. The couple divorced four years later in 2004, and Kim later admitted on a 2018 episode of Keeping Up with the Kardashians that she “got married [to Thomas] on ecstasy.”
34. Kim appeared on Dancing with the Stars.
Kim was a contestant on the seventh season of Dancing with the Stars in 2008, partnered with dancing Pro-Mark Ballas. She didn’t go far, unfortunately, and was eliminated after the second week of the competition. “This was a huge challenge for me,” she told E! after getting the boot. “Every dance was a huge accomplishment for me, and I did the best I could.”
35. Kim’s will includes instructions about her hair, nails, and makeup.
It’s no surprise that Kim enjoys having her hair, nails, and makeup was done—after all, she’s hardly photographed without being fully done up. But did you know that there’s actually a clause in her will that specifies that her hair, nails, and makeup must be done to a T, no matter what? During a 2018 interview with Elle magazine, Kim said that even if she “is so out of it that she can’t even communicate,” she still expects to be camera-ready post-mortem. “I want to look as good as possible,” she noted.
36. Kim Has a Clause in her Will to Always be Glammed
In a video interview with Elle, Kim revealed that she has a clause in her will to ensure she receives full glam if she’s unable to do it herself. So, if the iconic star can’t get out of bed or is “out of it” and “can’t communicate”, she wants to make sure that her nails, hair, and makeup are on fleek!
That’s not the craziest thing Kimmy’s done! Check out a list of Kim’s biggest controversies!
37. Kim and Khloe Have Major OCD
Although Kim has a cleaner who tidies her house three times a week, she admitted that she tends to go over the cleaning to make sure everything is done properly. She also can’t get into a shower unless it is spotless and even has food delivered in freezer bags to ensure that the food is separated.
Khloe changes her bed sheets every two days and makes sure everything in her fridge is lined properly and looks organized. We even saw the star meet with a therapist to fight her battle with
KloOCD on the show.
38. Kim Regrets Her Adult Tape
Who wouldn’t be right? Indeed, Kim disclosed during the Keeping Up With The Kardashians Reunion that she regrets her adult tape with Ray J, mainly because of her children. “That is something that I have to live with for the rest of my life. That is something that is being held over my head. I try to not live with any regrets, but it’s probably the one thing I wish didn’t exist. If I could erase any of the stupid things I’ve done in life, that’s probably it and it’s more so from being a mom than anything.”
39. Kim Blow-Dries her Jewelry Before Wearing It
Here’s a bizarre Kardashian fact that might make you scratch your heads. Apparently, Kim heats up her jewels with a blow dryer before wearing them, as she can’t handle the gold metals touching her skin. And you thought Mariah had diva tendencies! In a 2011 tweet, Kim admitted that she blow-dries all her jewelry before putting it on because the feeling of cold jewelry gives her the chills.
40. Kim and Kourtney Keep Ex Boxes
The Kardashians are famous for their crazy antics, but Kim and Kourt have taken it to new extremes by revealing that they keep boxes full of items that remind them of their exes. Kind of creepy, no?
41. Kim Often Wears Fake Jewelry
Shocking, we know. Since her infamous robbery back in 2016, Kim admits that she doesn’t wear real jewelry when she goes out. The socialite was reportedly held at gunpoint by five armed robbers during her stay in Paris and had $10 million worth of jewelry stolen from her.
“The things I valued before that happened genuinely are completely different than what I value now. ‘Things don’t make me,” she said. Kim also added that she no longer keeps her jewelry at home.
42. Kim’s Biggest Fear are Stretch-Marks
During an episode of KUWTK, Kim revealed that she was so scared of the day she gets stretch marks. This just so happened in a conversation with Kourtney – who was pregnant at the time (um, where’s the compassion, Kimmy?). But with all that money, surely she doesn’t have to worry about a few marks here or there?!
43. Kim’s Favorite Junk Food is Deep Fried Oreos
Fun fact about the curvaceous Kardashian? Her diets aren’t all about salads and quinoa! Although Kim goes through phases of fad diets, she does allow herself to indulge in a little junk from time to time. Her go-to junk food on her cheat days is deep-fried Oreos.
44. Kim Knows the Alphabet in Sign Language
Kim’s talents never fail to surprise us! The reality star admitted that she knows the entire alphabet in sign language, and used it to her advantage during her school years to cheat on exams with her friends.
45. Kim Was the Most Googled Celebrity in 2008
As the curvaceous socialite rose to stardom, the world became obsessed with her every move. Kim dethroned Britney Spears from being the most-searched-for star (for four years running) in 2008 and took the crown as the most interesting celebrity.
46. Kim also accused Kris of “stealing” ten slabs of Italian marble from her while she and Kanye were living at her house.
47. Kim said she would pay Kris $1 million if she could find the particular marble – Calacatta Gold – in the US, otherwise Kim would have to “completely redo” Kanye’s bathroom in their new home.
48. Kim once opened some public toilets in New York.
49. Kim believes it’s “the worst thing on the planet” when women wear the wrong shade of foundation.
50. Kim believes it’s essential that kids have style. She also revealed that, by age 1, North had decided she didn’t like pink or prints.
51. Both Kim and Khloé have heard Kris having sex. Khloé described the incident as “traumatising”.
52. She also feels “genuinely blessed” to love having her hair and makeup done.
53. Kim’s First Date Was With TJ Jackson: TJ is Tito Jackson’s son and their date was at a McDonald’s.
54. Kim Was on The Simple Life. Kim was in several episodes of The Simple Life with former BFF Paris Hilton.
55. Kim’s Earring Was Found. The family actually found Kim’s missing diamond earring minutes after she lost it in the ocean on the infamous Bora Bora trip episode of KUWTK.
56. Kim Filmed a Pilot for MTV. Kim filmed a pilot for a 2007 MTV series that never aired. The pilot co-stars Phil of the Future‘s Raviv Ullman.
57. Kim Was Upset at Kylie for Having Blue Hair at Her Wedding. Kim asked Kylie to dye her hair all black but Kylie never did
58. Kanye Proposed to Kim on Her 33rd Birthday. They got engaged at AT&T Park in San Francisco.
59. Kanye Was on the Set of Kim’s “Jam” Music Video. Kim released her song “Jam” in 2011.
60. Khloe has memory problems.
Khloe Kardashian, the third oldest member of the family, was involved in a serious car accident in 2001. The 16-year-old ended up being tossed through the windshield and suffering a head injury. In the years since Khloe has opened up about her long-term problems with memory loss that resulted from the trauma.
“Now I can’t remember anything…and I think it’s getting worse,” she admitted in a 2013 episode of Keeping Up with the Kardashians. “It’s really irritating and frustrating and kind of sad that I can’t remember so many things from my childhood.”
61. Khloe washes her sheets every two days.
Washing and changing your sheets is universally viewed as important, but there are different opinions about how often you should do it. Some say a week, while others say every two weeks. But for Khloe Kardashian, even that’s not often enough.
In 2016, she admitted on her website that she sticks her sheets in the washer every two days. “Obviously, if I’m not in town or not sleeping in my bed I’ll wait for a little, but the sheets definitely go in the wash every time after a spray tan,” she wrote.
She did admit that her cleaning habits are a little excessive. “Maybe I’m just a little bit more fanatical about being clean than I thought,” she wrote.
62. Khloe only sleeps on the left side of her face.
In 2015, while addressing rumors about her evolving appearance, Khloe admitted to New Beauty that her best friend recommended she get fillers because she thought the right side of Khloe’s face was flat from always sleeping on it. “I don’t think people thought about these things before Botox and fillers became so accessible,” she said. “Now, I try to sleep on my left side.”
63. Khloe Was Banned From Giving a Speech at Kimye’s Wedding
Even though the loud-mouthed Kardashian wanted to share her moments of joy with Kim’s guests, she was refused the honor of saying a few words. Throughout the evening, Kanye teased his sis-in-law with a mic because he knew how bad she wanted to embarrass the pair. Wouldn’t you have loved to hear KoKo’s crazy speech?
64. Khloe Filmed an Adult-Tape with Lamar
It seems like the Kardashian girls never learn to keep their private life, well, private! Khloe revealed that she followed in Kim’s footsteps and recorded an adult tape with her ex-husband, Lamar Odom and that she keeps it tucked away in her iron safe.
65. Khloe Felt Like the Background Sister
In a sad revelation, Khloe told host Andy Cohen during the KUWTK Reunion that the family’s reality show is what made her so insecure. “Interestingly enough, I was so confident and secure before the show. I became insecure because of everyone else telling me.”
The fashionista even disclosed that during photoshoots, Kim and Kourtney would receive bundles of clothes, while she would only be given “two or three pieces” because she would be placed in the background, anyway. Khloe ended her revelation by saying, “I don’t want people to feel like they have to be a certain size to be accepted.”
66. Khloe competed on Celebrity Apprentice.
Before all those spin-offs, Khloe did some reality television that didn’t solely start her family. She starred on the eighth season of Donald Trump’s Celebrity Apprentice, where she was eliminated halfway into the season in 2009. During an episode of Chelsea Handler’s Netflix talk show in 2016, Khloe admitted that she hated every minute of the experience and only did the show because momager Kris made her.
67. Khloe Had a Terrifying Car Accident
This fact has remained quite disclosed by the famous family. Apparently, back in 2001, the middle Kardashian had a horrifying car accident where she went flying through the windshield. It was so bad that she suffered a brain injury and has a lapse of memory because of it.
68. Khloe married Lamar Odom after only knowing him for 30 days.
Khloe only waited 30 days after meeting Lamar Odom to marry him. Their marriage and subsequent divorce was such a whirlwind that even Khloe later admitted to Oprah Winfrey that it was crazy to marry someone after such a short time.
69. Khloé got hers first, though, as a tribute to Robert Kardashian – and hers also has the word “Daddy” above the cross. She says Kris copied her during a “mid-life crisis”.
70. Khloé Kardashian was involved in a car accident in 2001, in which she went through the windshield.
71. The accident has actually wiped out chunks of her memory – during one episode of KUWTK she even tried hypnotherapy after failing to remember years of her childhood.
72. Khloé now sleeps on the left side of her face because a friend told her the right side was flat.
73. Khloé recently went into vivid detail about her, Kim, and Kourtney’s pubic hair maintenance: “I’m all about the landing strip…Kim is completely bare, she lasered it off. I always think of Kourtney as large and in charge with a full ’70s-style bush – it just matches her personality. But she swears that’s just a joke and has a landing strip … sometimes.”
74. Khloe & Lamar’s Wedding Was 30 Days After They Met. They walked down the aisle after knowing each other for only one month.
75. Kourtney is the only sister who went to college.
The Kardashian-Jenners are living proof that you don’t need a college degree to be a billionaire. In fact, only one of the famous sisters has a college degree—Kourtney Kardashian graduated from the University of Arizona, where she earned a bachelor’s degree in theater.
And while Rob followed Kourtney’s lead and earned a degree from the University of Southern California, none of the other sisters attended college.
76. Kourtney’s first job was as a movie production assistant.
After college, Kourtney got a job as a movie production assistant. In 2010, she told Us Weekly that the gig involved a lot of yelling “cut” and “rolling” every day. Definitely less luxurious than her life nowadays.
77. Kourtney also acted on a soap opera.
Kourtney has plenty of television credits on her résumé after starring on her family’s reality show for 12 years, but she didn’t stop at reality TV. In 2011, she made her acting debut on an episode of ABC’s famous soap-opera One Life to Live, where she played a lawyer named Kassandra Kavanaugh.
78. Kourtney’s sons, Mason Disick and Reign Disick, share a birthday.
Kourtney’s two sons, Mason Disick and Reign Disick, may have been born five years apart, but they share the same birthday: Mason & Reign Have the Same Birthday. Mason and Reign Disick share the same birthday five years apart. Mason was born Dec. 14, 2009, and Reign was born Dec. 14, 2014.
“It is still crazy to me that I have two boys born on the same exact day,” she shared in a 2015 blog post. “I really tried to not have it happen, so they could each have their day, but there was no way around it.” What mom wouldn’t love two-for-one birthday celebrations?
79. Kourtney Drinks Ghee Every Morning
We’ve witnessed Kourtney’s strict diet antics on the show, but did you know that she drinks clarified butter every morning? She does this once she wakes up and doesn’t eat or drink anything for 20 minutes afterward. Kourtney’s convinced it’s a healthy fat, full of nutrients that are good for her mind and body.
80. Kourtney and Scott Would Still Be Together if it Weren’t for the Show
Kourtney dropped a bomb during the KUWTK Reunion saying that she and Scott would still be together if it wasn’t for the show. Apparently, sharing so much of their relationship with the world put an impact on their romance, but it was the “substance abuse that was the deal-breaker”, she disclosed.
81. Kourtney Mourned Her Parents’ Separation for 5 Years
Kris Jenner and Robert Kardashian’s split really hit home for the eldest sister, Kourtney. So much so, that she wore black for 5 years to mourn their divorce. Poor Kourt! Now we understand why co-parenting means so much to the star.
82. Kourtney Had an Unexpected First Job
Before the Kardashians became famous, Kourtney’s first job was off-screen, rather than on. The eldest Kardashian was hired as a production assistant and spent her days shouting “action” and “rolling”. As such a big animal lover, it comes as no surprise that Kendall’s first job was dog-walking at the age of 14.
83. Kourtney Kardashian says the best piece of advice Kris Jenner has ever given her was to “wear a matching bra and underwear”.
84. Kourtney, Kim, and Khloé once rented Kris a monkey for a few days because “she had a syndrome where she missed children in the house.”
85. Kourtney once didn’t go into her bathroom for two months because she saw a spider in there.
86. Kourtney owns over 30 different strollers because she likes to have one “for every occasion”.
87. Kourtney once revealed she has to contour her nose and cheekbones “every day, or I won’t leave the house”.
88. Kourtney’s favorite homemade beauty remedy is putting mayonnaise on her vagina to “make it shine like the top of the Chrysler building”.
89. Kourtney’s Middle Name is Mary. Her full name is Kourtney Mary Kardashian
90. Mason Cute Nickname. Kourtney’s son Mason calls the KUWTK camera crew “the filmers.”
91. After having Mason, Kourtney said the experience had “changed her whole life”, mainly because she now has photos on her phone that aren’t of herself.
92. Before KUWTK, Kourt Appeared on the Reality Show Filthy Rich: Cattle Ranch. The show aired in 2005.
93. Kendall is named after Nicole Brown Simpson.
Everyone knows of the Kardashians’ ties to O.J. Simpson after Kris’ former husband, Robert Kardashian, defended Simpson during the notorious murder trial for Simpson’s ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson. But Kris and Brown Simpson were actually so close themselves that Kris gave one of her daughters—Kendall Jenner—the middle name Nicole a year after she was killed.
94. Kendall is the Easiest to Manage
During the KUWTK Reunion, Kris was forced to reveal who she believed was the hardest and easiest daughter to work with. Momager said that Kendall was the easiest, while Kourtney was the most difficult to manage. Not surprising to see why – Kourtney hardly ever wanted to film!
95. Kendall and Kylie Still “Mourn” their Dad
Following Bruce Jenner’s shocking transition into Caitlyn in 2014, Kendall and Kylie have supported their father’s choice and continue to love her. But during the KUWTK Reunion, the girls shared that Caitlyn’s transition was “a bit of a loss” and that mourning “that person was hard”. The sisters were “big daddy’s girls”, Kendall added, so “that transition was definitely hard for a moment.”
96. Kendall Has Another Passion Other Than Modelling
We all know Kendall as model-of-the-moment and star of the catwalk, but believe it or not, she would have chosen a totally different career path if it weren’t for this job. “Honestly, I think I’d be in the Olympics,” she’s revealed. “I’d be going to the Olympics for horseback riding.”
97. Kendall Jenner’s middle name is Nicole, after Nicole Brown Simpson, Kris’ best friend.
98. Kendall’s First Job Was Walking Dogs. Just like lots of other pre-teens!
99. Kylie got her start in a Sears commercial.
Kylie Jenner has certainly made a name for herself within the Kardashian-Jenner clan—especially with her beauty brand, Kylie Cosmetics, skyrocketing her to becoming the “world’s youngest self-made billionaire.”
100. A Boy is to Blame for Kylie Cosmetics
Kylie Jenner’s beauty brand is now a multi-million dollar business, but do you know what really inspired the young star’s obsession with lip kits? A boy. That’s right. Kylie has admitted that during her teenage days, she shared a kiss with someone who teased her for her small lips. From that day on, the reality star decided to outline her lips and eventually create a mega-successful lip kit and cosmetics line.
101. Kylie’s Favorite Emoji Is the Red Heart. Kylie’s favorite emoji is the red heart that’s with the spade, diamond, and club emojis (not the heart with the other colored hearts).
102. Kylie First Met Caitlyn Jenner Via FaceTime. They met via cell phone before they met in person.
103. Kylie Never Went to Prom. In an episode of Life of Kylie, Kylie revealed she never went to prom because she was homeschooled.
104. Rob changes his phone number 10 times a year.
In a 2013 interview with Us Weekly, Rob Kardashian revealed a bunch of fun facts about himself, including that his favorite sibling is Kylie (sorry to the rest of the Kardashian-Jenner clan) and that he once drank so much lemonade he had to get his tonsils removed. He also admitted that he changes his phone number 10 times a year! “And I don’t ever save my contacts,” he added.
105. Rob has his own line of socks.
Rob doesn’t spend much time using the Kardashian name for fame. However, the family name did help him create one thing he’s passionate about socks. In 2012, Rob founded the sock company, Arthur George, a combination of his and his father’s middle names.
106. The Salads the Girls Are Always Eating Are From Health Nut. In the valley.
107. Scott Didn’t Know Who Todd Kraines Was. Scott Disick didn’t meet the real Todd Kraines until a long time after he started prank calling Kris.
108. KUWTK Has Produced 12 Spin-Offs. Kourtney and Khloe Take Miami, Kourtney, and Kim Take Miami, Kourtney and Kim Take New York, Khloé & Lamar, Kourtney and Khloé Take The Hamptons, Sex With Brody, Dash Dolls, I Am Cait, Revenge Body With Khloe Kardashian, Rob & Chyna, Life of Kylie and Flip It Like Disick.
109. The Tyler Perry Conection. The same weekend KUWTK premiered, Tyler Perry’s Why Did I Get Married? was the No. 1 movie at the box office. Coincidentally, Kim would appear in Tyler Perry’s Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor in 2013.
110. Beyoncé Used the Kardashians’ Doctor. Beyoncé used Kim Kardashian’s OB-GYN to deliver her twins Runi and Sir. In fact, Dr. Paul Crane has delivered all the babies in the Kardashian family.
111. The Meaning of Arthur George… Rob’s Arthur George sock line is a combination of his middle name and his father’s.
112. Ryan Seacrest Didn’t Come up With the Idea for KUWTK. Deena Katz, the current casting director for Dancing With the Stars, came up with the idea for Keeping Up With the Kardashians. She was at Kris’ house one night and said, “This is a reality show — I think you should really talk to Ryan Seacrest.” After Katz connected Kris and Ryan, the show immediately took off.
113. Todd Kraines Is the Son of Robert Kardashian Sr.’s Best Friend. Todd’s dad is Larry Kraines. Larry and Robert Kardashian went to high school together and have been friends ever since.
114. Ryan Seacrest sent a camera crew to film the Kardashians during a family BBQ. The cameraman called him afterward and said the footage was “golden”. And the rest is history.
115. The OJ Simpson trial “divided” the family, according to Kris. Kourtney and Kim sided with Robert, who was on Simpson’s defense team. Kim said recently: “We just always thought my dad was the smartest person in the world, and he really believed in his friend.”
116. Despite constant paternity rumors (including the allegation that Khloé’s real father is OJ Simpson) stemming from the fact that Khloé doesn’t look like her other siblings, Kris has said that she looks just like her paternal grandmother.
117. The name Keeping Up With the Kardashians, however, came very late in the process and was only decided right before the show premiered. It came about by chance one day when one producer said she was “exhausted from keeping up” with the girls.
118. The first line of words from the Keeping Up With The Kardashians “KUWTK Pilot” show was Kim saying “I hate you all” in the first episode.
119. A Dancing with the Stars casting executive came up with the idea for Keeping Up with the Kardashians.
It’s hard to remember a time before the Kardashian family took over our television screens when in reality, their show only premiered in 2007. But how did it all come to be? In a 2017 Hollywood Reporter interview, Kris revealed it was the brainchild of their friend Deena Katz, a casting director for Dancing With the Stars.
120. “One night, Deena Katz came over for dinner, and life was swirling around, and she said, ‘This is a reality show—I think you should really talk to Ryan Seacrest.’ So I did,” Kris said.
121. The show’s original purpose was to drive business to the family’s stores.
122. While Keeping Up with the Kardashians has certainly launched the Kardashian family into unchartered fame territory, that was not quite the original plan. In 2014, Kris admitted that she had originally intended to use the show as a way to drive business to the family’s stores, Dash and Smooch. Both stores have since closed, but we don’t think the Kardashian clan is necessarily complaining about the way things have turned out.
123. They Get Paid $25,000 for a Social Media Post
This interesting trivia explains why the Kardashians are so damn rich! Believe it or not, the Kardashian/Jenner family gets big bucks to promote products on their social platforms. The reality stars get paid up to $25,000 to share a single post with their millions of followers.
124. Friends Were Jealous of the Family
Blood certainly runs thicker than water. More so in the Kardashian family! Apparently, during their rise to fame, many of the girls’ close friends were jealous of their success. “Don’t you remember having so many haters of our friends? Our close friends were such haters and so jealous,” Kourtney said on the KUWTK Reunion.
Kris Jenner was even “shunned” by her pals, but they soon came running back as the seasons progressed. Khloe told her mom, “They really shunned you for a while, and then by, like, season three or four, they all now want to be invited to her things.”
125. Their Makeup Takes an Hour and a Half
When all the Kardashian klan is getting ready for filming, it takes up to an hour and a half to get dolled up for the cameras. However, if they are just getting ready to pop out, most of the girls will do their own makeup in less than 15 minutes. Sometimes, Kim Kardashian even goes makeup-free!
126. Different Houses Were Used For The Exterior Shots of ‘KUWTK’
While Kris Jenner’s house was originally featured in the first seasons of the show, for security reasons, the producers later used other houses for exterior shots. The garden shots were actually the Kardashian’s property, though.
127. Their Annual Christmas Card Started Before they Were Famous
Indeed, you might think the annual Kardashian Christmas card started when the family became famous, but in fact, this festive tradition started way back in 1987 with the late Robert Kardashian! Have a look at the best Kardashian holiday cards to reminisce over their iconic outfits and hairstyles.
128. The Kardashians are Armenian and Western European
Although not much of an unknown fact, it still comes as a surprise to some that the famous family are not actually American – well, by blood, at least. Robert Kardashian, their father was Armenian, while Kris Jenner is of Dutch, English, Irish, German and Scottish descent! It seems the Kardashians’ nationality is a blend of Armenian and Western European!
129. What are the names of the children of the Kardashians?
Kourtney: Mason Dash Disick, Penelope Scotland Disick, Reign Aston Disick. Kim: North West, Psalm West, Chicago West, Saint West. Kylie: Stormi Webster. Khloe: True Thompson. Rob Kardashian: Dream Renée Kardashian.
130. What is the net worth of the Kardashians?
The Kardashian family is worth billions of dollars. Most of their worth is from their reality show, personal businesses, and also sponsors and partnerships they get from other brands.
Kim Kardashian has a net worth of $1.2 billion in 2021, Kylie Jenner has a net worth of $700 million, Kris Jenner has a net worth of $190 million, Khloe Kardashian has a net worth of $50 million, Kourtney Kardashian has a net worth of $35 million, Kendall Jenner has a net worth of $45 million.
Which of these fun, interesting, and crazy facts about the Kardashians caught you by surprise? Let us know your thoughts by joining in on the conversation below!