Who are the richest drummers in the world right now? Here’s a complete list of the wealthiest drummers and their current net worth in 2023.
Great drummers have perfected their skills over time and are hardworking. They have hours of tireless practice every week. Some of the greatest drummers are ranked on the list of the richest drummers in the world. They have made millions of dollars in their career.
Most great drummers do not become as famous as other A-list artists in the industry because they are almost always behind lead vocalists and other band members or musicians. The richest drummers in the world are known for working with the best bands and musicians.
Richest drummers in the world
Drummers’ salaries differ widely across the world. Below is a look at the richest drummers in the world and their net worth in 2023.
10. Joey Kramer – $100 million
- Full name: Joseph Michael Kramer
- Date of birth: 21st June 1950
- Age: 72 years (as of 2023)
- Place of birth: The Bronx, New York, United States of America
- Band: Aerosmith
Joey Kramer is credited with coming up with the name Aerosmith, his current band. He came up with the name in 1968, two years before the band formed. The band was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2001. Today, Joey Kramer’s net worth is $100 million.
9. Nick Mason – $180 million
- Full name: Nicholas Berkeley Mason
- Date of birth: 27th January 1944
- Age: 79 years (as of 2023)
- Place of birth: Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom
- Band: Pink Floyd
Nick Mason’s net worth in 2023 is $180 million. Mason is an English drummer respected for being the only constant member of Pink Floyd since its formation in 1964. He has appeared in every Pink Floyd album released.
8. Roger Taylor – $200 million
- Full name: Roger Meddows Taylor
- Date of birth: 26th July 1949
- Age: 73 years (as of 2023)
- Place of birth: King’s Lynn, United Kingdom
- Band: Queen
Roger Taylor is a musician, singer, songwriter, and multi-instrumentalist. He is best known as the drummer for the rock band Queen. After the decline of Queen, Taylor explored multiple songwriting opportunities. Roger Taylor’s net worth is $200 million.
7. Don Henley – $250 million
- Full name: Donald Hugh Henley
- Date of birth: 22nd July 1947
- Age: 75 years (as of 2023)
- Place of birth: Gilmer, Texas, United States of America
- Band: Eagles
Don Henley is a renowned musician and a founding member of Eagles, a rock band. He is the band’s drummer and one of the lead vocalists. After the Eagles disbanded in 1980, he pursued a solo career. Today, Don Henley’s net worth is $250 million.
6. Charlie Watts – $250 million
- Full name: Charles Robert Watts
- Date of birth: 2nd June 1941
- Date of death: 24th August 2021
- Age at death: 79 years
- Place of birth: London, United Kingdom
- Band: Rolling Stones
Charlie Watts’ net worth is $250 million. Watts was an English musician and drummer. He achieved international fame as the drummer of the Rolling Stones from 1963 until 2021. Did you know he was also a trained graphic artist?
5. Dave Grohl – $330 million
- Full name: David Eric Grohl
- Date of birth: 14th January 1969
- Age: 54 years (as of 2023)
- Place of birth: Warren, Ohio, United States of America
- Band: Foo Fighters
Dave Grohl is the founder of the rock band Foo Fighters. He is the lead singer, guitarist, and principal songwriter of the band. He formerly played the drums for Nirvana, a grunge band, from 1990 to 1994. Dave Grohl’s net worth in 2023 is $330 million.
4. Larry Mullen Jr – $350 million
- Full name: Laurence Joseph Mullen Jr.
- Date of birth: 31st October 1961
- Age: 61 years (as of 2023)
- Place of birth: Artane, Ireland
- Band: U2
Larry Mullen Jr is the drummer and co-founder of the rock band U2. U2 was founded on 25th September 1976 in Mullen’s kitchen in Artane. Larry Mullen Jr’s net worth is $350 million.
3. Phil Collins – $350 million
- Full name: Philip David Charles Collins
- Date of birth: 30th January 1951
- Age: 72 years (as of 2023)
- Place of birth: Chiswick, London, United Kingdom
- Band: Genesis
Phil Collins’ net worth in 2023 is $350 million. Collins is a singer, musician, songwriter, record producer, and actor from the United Kingdom. He was the drummer and lead singer of Genesis, a rock band. He has also had a successful solo career.
2. Lars Ulrich – $350 million
- Full name: Lars Ulrich R
- Date of birth: 26th December 1963
- Age: 59 years (as of 2023)
- Place of birth: Gentofte Municipality, Denmark
- Band: Metallica
Lars Ulrich is a musician and drummer best known for co-founding Metallica, an American heavy metal band. He met James Hetfield in 1981 in Downey, California. The two formed the heavy metal band. Lars Ulrich’s net worth in 2023 is $350 million.
1. Ringo Starr – $350 million
- Full name: Sir Richard Starkey
- Date of birth: 7th July 1940
- Age: 82 years (as of 2023)
- Place of birth: Dingle, Liverpool, United Kingdom
Band: The Beatles Ringo Starr is a musician, singer, songwriter, and actor. He achieved international fame as the drummer for the Beatles. He occasionally sang lead vocals with the group. Today, Ringo Starr’s net worth is $350 million.
Recap of the richest drummers in the world
Drummers are an essential component in the success of any music band. The richest drummers in the world have played for the top bands in the world. The current net worth/salary/fortune of the wealthiest and highest-paid drummers are;
- Ringo Starr $350 million
- Lars Ulrich $350 million
- Phil Collins $350 million
- Larry Mullen Jr $350 million
- Dave Grohl $330 million
- Charlie Watts $250 million
- Don Henley $250 million
- Roger Taylor $200 million
- Nick Mason $180 million
- Joey Kramer $100 million
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is the richest drummer in the world?
Ringo Starr, Lars Ulrich, Phil Collins, and Larry Mullen Jr are the wealthiest drummers in the world. Each of them has a net worth of $350 million.
Which music band is the richest?
The wealthiest music band in the world is The Beatles, with a net worth of $2.2 billion.
Who is the best drummer alive today?
Some of the best drummers alive today are Ringo Starr, Lars Ulrich, Phil Collins, Larry Mullen Jr, Dave Grohl, Don Henley, and Roger Taylor.
How much does a professional drummer earn?
The salary of a professional drummer varies widely from one group or artist to another. The amount depends on experience, terms and conditions of the contract, and a band’s/ artist’s financial muscle.
What is Stewart Copeland’s net worth in 2023?
Stewart Copeland is worth $80 million as of 2023. He is a musician and composer best known as the drummer for the Police, a rock band, from 1977 to 1986 and again from 2007 to 2008.
What is Chad Smith’s net worth?
Chad Smith, the drummer of Red Hot Chili Peppers, Chad Smith’s Bombastic Meatbats, and Chickenfoot, is worth $90 million as of 2023.